What We Do
- Dundee Age Concern provides day care for older people
- Clients find companionship
- They meet friends old and new
- Nutritious, tasty food is freshly cooked on the premises
- Safe, secure environment
- Clients can participate in a variety of stimulating activities
- Premises located at Fiveways, 2-4 Caird Avenue
- Purpose-build accommodation
- Trained, skilful staff always on hand
- Escorted transport available
- All parts of Dundee and Broughty Ferry covered
- Musical Entertainment & Dancing
- Gentle Exercises in Chairs
- A variety of fun activities
- Gentle Gardening
- Baking, Craftwork
- Table Top Games
Get Involved with Dundee Age Concern
Can you give some of your time – 2 hours? 20 hours a week? Want something to do during the Summer holidays or longer? We’ll be glad to see you – and so will our clients!
If you want to volunteer to gain work experience or to share your existing skills with others, we have a wide selection of volunteering vacancies
Have a Ball at Dundee Age Concern
However their day has begun, clients know they will get a warm greeting on their arrival at Dundee Age Concern.
Our staff have a philosophy of treating everyone like their own loved ones. Cheery quips and banter are the order of the day.
Our Chairperson and Centre Co-ordinator are qualified trainers in Best Practice in Dementia Care and many of our staff are now qualified in this field. They know all our clients well as individuals and respond effectively to each client, allaying fears, soothing anxieties and helping them to engage with activities which bring them pleasure. Dundee Age Concern understand the challenges and difficulties of living with dementia, the effects of restricted mobility, social isolation and consequently are committed to providing a structured social environment.
Escorted transport is an option for those who cannot get here under their own steam. All escorts are trained to help.
If you would like to “try before you buy”, contact our Senior Manager on 01382 825624 to discuss your options.
Interested in joining Friends of Dundee Age Concern?
Friends of DAC are a group dedicated to supporting the work of Dundee Age Concern by engaging in activities and planning events.
Royal Victoria Day Hospital 40th Anniversary Open day.
Dundee Age Concern were invited to celebrate this event with NHS staff.
What does the board do?
- Make decisions on running the service - from great big ones to small ones!
- Raise Funds
- Promote DAC in the wider world
- Make sure everything is done legally and above board
What would I get out of it?
- Experience of running a business
- Something impressive to put on your CV
- A feeling of satisfaction because you're giving something back
Interested? Phone Patrick on 01382 825624 for more information
Support Dundee Age Concern
Dundee Age Concern receives no Government funding. We rely on generous donations to keep the centre running and provide the highest quality care to the elderly in Dundee. Click the button below to find out how to support Dundee Age Concern.